1. General Information
General information, is provided below to the user on what cookies are and what type of cookies exist.
What are cookies?
Cookies and other similar devices, such as pixels, web bugs, etc., are text or image files that are installed on the User’s browser when he/she accesses an online service.
Cookies allow information related to the user and his/her browser, devices and activity on the service to which he/she is connecting to be stored and recovered, among other things.
What type of cookies exist?
There are many types of cookies. The following offers the user some of their classifications, but does not necessarily mean that this service uses all these cookie types:
a) Depending on the entity managing cookies:
- Own cookies: these are sent to the user’s device or terminal from the device or domain pertaining to the owner of a service, and they are managed by said owner.
- Third-party cookies: these are sent to the user’s device or terminal from a device or domain that is not managed by the owner of a service, but rather by a third party who will process the information obtained via cookies.
b) Depending on the storage time:
- Session cookies: these gather and store data when the user accesses a service and they cease to function once the User leaves the service.
- Persistent cookies: these have a specific duration set by the processing controller. The storage time may range from a few minutes to several years. They are used to save and recover certain parameters every time the user visits a service.
c) Depending on their purpose:
- Technical cookies: these are essential and strictly necessary to ensure the correct functioning of the service and to use the different options or services offered by their owners through the service. For example, some serve to maintain the session, to manage the response time, to enable performance or option assessment, to use security elements, etc.
- Personalization cookies: these allow the user to specify or personalize some features of a service. For example, define the language, regional configuration or browser type.
- Analytics cookies: these allow the number of unique visitors to be counted and an analysis to be performed regarding the use of a service in order to measure interest in the service or certain areas of it. For example, by using analytics cookies the geographical area from where the greatest percentages of users connect, which product or service is most popular, etc. can be controlled.
- Advertising cookies: these enable management of the advertising spaces on a service.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: these enable management of a service’s advertising spaces. The function of these cookies is to store behavioural information on users of a service to subsequently show personalized advertising.
2. Specific Information
Who is responsible for this service?
This Service is owned by Bilbao Bizkaia Kutxa Fundación Bancaria – Bilbao Bizkaia Kutxa Banku Fundazioa and BBK Fundazioa, with tax identification numbers (CIF) G-48412720 and G-48644371, respectively, a registered office at Gran Vía 19-21, 1º 48001 Bilbao (Bizkaia) and registered in the Foundations’ Registry of the Basque Country with registration numbers F-375 and 180, respectively.
How can I disable or delete cookies?
By access to the service for the first time, the user will see a cookies notice informing him/her of how he/she may grant or refuse to grant his/her consent.
If the user grants his/her consent, he/she may disable or delete these cookies through his/her browser’s settings on his/her device or terminal at any time.
The following are links on which the user will find information on how to disable cookies and similar devices on the main browsers:
- Configure cookies on Google Chrome
- Configure cookies on Mozilla Firefox
- Configure cookies on Internet Explorer
- Configure cookies on Safari
The majority of cookies gather anonymous information, which does not allow us to discern the user’s identity, although some of the codes they include serve to single out or individualize the browsers of the device used, with personal data protection regulations applicable. As such, you are hereby informed that the information via cookies will be processed for the purposes indicated in this Cookies Policy. In addition, this information will also be processed by the companies that provide cookies for the purpose indicated in their respective privacy policies.
However, bearing in mind that these codes do not allow the user to be identified, rights of access, rectification, suppression, opposition, limitation and portability, as recognised in data protection regulations, will not be applicable unless the user is able to provide additional information that allows his/her identity to be linked with the identification codes of their cookies, via an email to email@example.com or via ordinary mail to the aforementioned postal address, specifying your request.
If he/she believes his/her right to data protection has been violated, the user may file a claim with the Spanish Data Protection Agency (www.aepd.es).
Do we update our Cookies Policy?
We may update the Cookies Policy on our Website, in accordance with legislative requirements, or in order to adapt it to the instructions stipulated by the Spanish Data Protection Agency, we therefore recommend users to visit it regularly.
Last update: 02/12/2020