BBK ODS Eguna takes the SDG-s out to the streets of Bilbao with cultural and leisure activities for all audiences
BBK Kuna opened its doors two years ago with a clear objective: to become the social innovation space in which different agents linked to the Development Goals participate in order to offer the society of Bizkaia solutions which respond to the challenges of the future. For this reason, the dissemination of the SDGs for the Home of the SDGs is a strategic pillar. Within this framework, after the success of the 2022 edition, BBK Kuna will hold a new issue of its BBK ODS Eguna on Saturday 23 September.
The date of the BBK ODS Eguna is not accidental. It coincides with another outstanding commemoration: in September 2015, the United Nations General Assembly unanimously approved Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development, an action plan for people, the planet, prosperity and world peace.
Thus, for the second consecutive year, with BBK ODS Eguna, the City will be full of performances, games, workshops, sports, exhibitions or gastronomy and fashion proposals with one common goal: take the SDGs into the streets and bring them to all audiences.
The majority of the programme will be held in Doña Casilda Park, where, from the morning, the SDGs will be the protagonists of the free leisure and cultural activities and proposals for all ages.
BBK ODS Eguna will host three performances in the Pergola of the park with all those who come along to enjoy the programme.
- 11:30 a.m. Fashion Revolution Euskadi. Action-performance to give visibility to the environmental as well as the social impact of the textile industry, focussing on the textile profession and recycling.
- 1:00 p.m. ‘Reziklantes’, by Turukutupa. A street performance where we take a journey through different musical styles such as African and Latin percussion, as well as hip-hop and contemporary music. All the instruments used come from recycled and reused waste materials.
- 4:30 p.m. Organik Dantza will perform ‘Ondoloin’. There are many rituals that children have before going to sleep: a story, a song, a teddy, leaving the light on… And, from the moment they fall into a deep sleep, they enter into another universe. In reality, they can be two very different universes and we do not really know why sometimes we have dreams and, other times, we have nightmares. What’s your worst nightmare? Which one repeats itself the most? And the dream you dream the most?
- 6:00 p.m. ‘Terra Festa’, by Nuria M. Cres, a unique festival which combines animation, dance and also addresses Agenda 2030 and the SDGs in a playful way. ‘Terra Festa’ stands out for its creative and high-quality staging, with professional animators of the performing arts. In addition to the music, pedagogical topics are addressed related to sustainability and social responsibility.
The finishing touch takes place in the evening, when BBK ODS Eguna moves to the Guggenheim Esplanade to commence KUNA Fest, with Bulego, Olaia Inziarte and Supercremalleras. Which will run from 7:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Bulego won over audiences with their debut album, “Erdian Oraina”. Composed by Tomás Lizarazu, Itziar Beitia, Jon Larrañaga, Roben Lizarralde and Xabier Arrieta, this band is, undoubtedly, the biggest pop phenomenon at this moment in the Basque Country.
- Olaia Inziarte is an artist from Navarre who has recently commenced to shape her solo project. Always closely attached to music by absorbing old and new influences and, without closing the doors to anything, she will present her new songs.
- Supercremalleras is a pop-rock band from Gernika – Lumo. In 2021, they released their first album, “Aviones con vertigo”, full of pop-rock songs with catchy tunes and teasing lyrics. Last spring, they released the second LP “Arte Moderno y Amor Eterno”.
BBK ODS Eguna will also have an area for bars and foodtrucks so that the public can enjoy different gastronomic options. In addition, the day will be aimed at solidarity. The people attending may collaborate with the Bizkaia Food Bank through Bizum numbers activated throughout the Park.
DOÑA CASILDA PARK
- SDG 1 / Racing to Advance (Game) From 11:30 a.m. to a 7:00 p.m. Doña Casilda Park.
A cooperative game in teams, animated by an instructor, where ingenuity to move the horses knows no boundaries. By using a water mill and the collaboration of the participants in each team, the horses advance by galloping to the finishing line. With these dynamics the aim is to highlight that in order to put an end to poverty it is more effective to provide tools instead of offering charity. For example, learning to find and achieve resources, instead of receiving the end product.
- SDG 2 / Food Truck (Catering Area) From 11:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Doña Casilda Park.
End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture. This space will inform and raise awareness on the importance of ending hunger and food waste. To this end, leaflets will be handed out made of edible paper. Conversely, several foodtrucks will be set up with sustainable and ecological food where the participants of the day can eat and drink.
- SDG 3 / Mens Sana In Corpore Sano (Yoga – Chi Kung) Sessions: 11:30 a.m. Yoga (Children) • 1:00 p.m. Chi Kung (General public) • 4:30 p.m. Yoga (Elder people) • 6:00 p.m. Yoga&Roll (Adults and young people). Doña Casilda Park.
Ensure healthy living and promote the well-being of all people at all ages. With a view to promoting healthy living and well-being, three activities are proposed, which will be carried out at certain times throughout the day.
- SDG 4 / Schools of the World (Game) From 11:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Doña Casilda Park.
Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all. A series of locations are placed on a world map which represent education models in the world. In a space which simulates a classroom, visitors sit at a school desk and with an animator/moderator who acts as a “teacher” an experience is undertaken in which each visitor participates in the dynamics and provides information regarding the situation of this SDG in the location on the map.
- SDG 5 / Let’s go get Male Chauvinism! (Game) From 11:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Doña Casilda Park
Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls. Game WACK A MOLE. Classic game of hitting moles with a hammer/mallet. The idea is that the moles show a series of messages regarding the gender inequality situation in Bizkaia. The players wack the moles in a gesture which represents getting rid of this type of inequalities.
- SDG 6 / Water Courses (Jokoa/Game) From 11:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Doña Casilda Park.
Ensure access and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all. This activity aims to highlight the importance of water in our lives, participants will become aware of the value of each drop of water. In the activity, as the name suggests, they will create waterways and courses by using bamboo canes and regenerate a channel to take water from one place to another without spilling a drop of water.
- SDG 7 / Eco Carrousel (Ride) From 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Doña Casilda Park.
Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all. An ecological carrousel will be set up which operates by pushing the pedals, that is to say, generating energy in a sustainable and affordable way. The energy generated is also used to play, enjoy and generate positive energy.
- SDG 8 / Good Job! (Game) From 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Doña Casilda Park.
Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all. A dynamic game created exclusively for ODS Eguna. This connector type game seeks to create a board of combinations, in which when the correct combination is guessed a light bulb turns on. The dynamics of the game is True/False with sentences related to the employment situation, gender gap…
- SDG 9 / The Boat (Ride) From 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Doña Casilda Park.
Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialisation and foster innovation. An amusement ride in the shape of a boat which operates manually or mechanically without the need of electricity or any other form of power. The boat represents innovation and progress the shipbuilding industry represented for Bizkaia. This boat in particular, built with sustainable materials and operates manually, is the symbol of our innovative tradition and future.
- SDG 10 / In Their Shoes (Adapted Sport) From 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Doña Casilda Park.
Reduce inequality within and among countries. Sport as a vehicle for social inclusion. Organise a contest/competition of sporting events from the perspective of people with functional diversity as a metaphor of other daily barriers which entail inequality. – Wheelchair workshop: We will provide 4 wheelchairs and set up a circuit so that all people who come along can try them. – Visual workshop: With the help of blindfolds, the aim is for every person to go round a circuit in pairs. One person wears the blindfold and the other acts as a guide.
- SDG 11 / Interactive Botanical Garden. From 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Doña Casilda Park. At BBK KUNA.
Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable. BBK ODS Eguna day has an in-person and physical element at Kuna headquarters. It is an empty and desolate space, completely dark except for the light on the lectern placed in the middle of the room. This consists of a survey with a set of pre-selected answers and which visitors select from their mobile devices. In front of the lectern a vertical garden is simulated on the wall in an abstract visual language. The development and the final shape of the garden will be the final testimony of the respondents translated into a visual language. This garden can be visited from anywhere and citizens may participate a limited number of times.
- SDG 12 / Showcooking 0 Waste Sessions: 11:00-12:00 p.m. • 12:45-1:45 p.m. • 4:00-5:00 p.m. • 5:45-6:45 p.m. Limited seating: Registrations Doña Casilda Park.
Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns. The site spatially recreates a food stall. The idea is to place value on actions that seek the better use of food resources. In addition, it has a showcooking type programme in which young chefs from Bizkaia participate and present their gastronomic proposals (small tasting of the preparations). These shows seek to teach those attending to use techniques and resources for using everyday food thus promoting responsible consumption. There will be 2 showcooking sessions throughout the day.
- SDG 13 / No More Pollution (Game) From 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Doña Casilda Park.
Adopt urgent measures to combat climate changes and its impacts. Climate action encounters many obstacles along the way which prevent the development of this SDG’s activity. Here, participants have the opportunity to pave the way and facilitate the work of this SDG. In order to do this, visitors must tear down a pyramid built from objects which represent, for example, barrels of oil. Each pyramid hides a specific message as regards this SDG.
- SDG 14 / Plogging in the River (Game) De 11:00 a.m. to a 7:00 p.m. Doña Casilda Park.
Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development. A “fishing area” will be generated in the stream that leads to the pond inviting people to fish. It turns out that the only thing biting on the fishing hook are contaminating wastes and elements. This activity aims to draw attention to the necessary protection of marine ecosystems from human activity. The activity is moderated/animated by two characters: one which seeks to find and collect the contaminating elements and the other which pollutes the river, generating a “good cop and bad cop” dynamic.
- SDG 15 / Vertical Garden (Workshop) Sessions: 11:00-12:30 p.m. • 12:30-2:00 p.m. • 4:00-5:30 p.m. • 5:30-7:00 p.m. Limited seating: Registrations. Doña Casilda Park.
Sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, halt and reverse land degradation, halt biodiversity loss. Participatory workshop to create a domestic horticulture workshop. Vertical orchard of aromatic herbs and advice to care for them at home. Create a garden at home from creativity, reuse plastic containers to create healthy and edible spaces at home. Bring the garden home using creativity. The workshop has a double a twofold objective, on the one hand bring the garden cycle to homes and on the other promote creativity, inventing as many models of vertical gardens as containers or waste there is in our environment.
- SDG 16 / The Hammer (Side show) From 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Doña Casilda Park.
Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels. A characteristic element at fairs and in this case in a festive atmosphere is when a hammer is used to strike a platform which releases a metallic element which hits a bell at the top. Usually, according to how hard it is hit, it reaches a level of the vertical scale, this level represents the soundness of public institutions against disruptive and external forces.
- SDG 18 / Photocall. From 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Doña Casilda Park.
Cultural and linguistic diversity. What better than a strip of images to take home the fondest memory of ODS Eguna? Those who wish, may pose in front of this very special camera and take home a strip of fun images. There will be accessories with texts in several languages to personalise the photo and make the activity a more fun experience. In addition, a background will be created with images which reflect cultural diversity in Bizkaia.
AT THE PERGOLA
- 11:30 a.m. Action – performance of Fashion Revolution Euskadi.
- 1:00 p.m. Percussion ‘Reziklantes’, by Turukutupa.
- 4:30 p.m. Theatre ‘Ondoloin’ by Organik Dantza
- 6:00 p.m. ‘Terra Festa’, dancing with the SDGs by Nuria M. Cres.
PADRE ARRUPE BRIDGE
- 6:30 p.m. SDG 17 / Building Bridges (Tightrope walker) Padre Arrupe Bridge.
Revitalize the Global Partnership for Sustainable Development. A tightrope walker will cross the estuary. This aims to provide visibility to the need for balance in current society, where it is necessary to build bridges and generate partnerships, to escape from this tightrope we are in and in which our system is faltering and runs the risk of disappearing as we know it.
FROM 7:00 P.M.
- Olaia Inziarte